Council Meetings 2014
List of Upcoming 2014 Council Meetings
June 17-19, 2014 - Holiday Inn by the Bay, Portland, ME
September 30 - October 2, 2014 - Cape Codder, Hyannis, MA
November 18-20, 2014 - Newport Marriott, Newport, RI
Public Information Meetings
- July 9 – Cape May, NJ (Congress Hall, 200 Congress Pl.) 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- July 10 – Norfolk, VA (Courtyard by Marriott, 520 Plume St.) 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- July 16 – Rockland, ME (Maine Lighthouse Museum, One Park Dr.) 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- July 17 – Portsmouth, NH (Hilton Garden Inn, 100 High St.) 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- July 22 – New Bedford, MA (Fairfield Inn and Suites, 185 MacArthur Dr.) 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- July 23 – Gloucester, MA (Gloucester House Restaurant, 63 Rogers St.) 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- July 24 – Narragansett, RI (Superior Trawl, 55 State St. ) 5:30 - 8:30 p.m
Please note: These are not public hearings. They are purely informational meetings for the
benefit of the fishing community. The meetings willnot be recorded or document for public review.
July 29, 2014 - Risk Policy Working Group **Discussion Documents
July 23, 2014 - Whiting Oversight **Discussion Documents
July 31, 2014 - Ecosystem Based Fisheries Mgmt Cte **Discussion Documents
August 4, 2014 - Groundfish Oversight Committee
August 8, 2014 - Research Steering Committee *Notice Revised
August 19, 2014 - Observer Policy Committee
Advisory Panel Meetings
Plan Development Team Meetings
The New England Fishery Management Council generally posts announcements of Plan Develop Team (PDT) meetings on the Council’s website, occasionally with very little notice. An agenda may or may not be included. Team members may discuss topics, if listed, in any order or add other issues not contained in the meeting notice. Although PDT meetings are open to the public, they are not public meetings.
Members of the public may attend these meetings, but should not expect to participate unless the PDT Chair invites input. PDTs are responsible to the Council and work as directed by the Council’s oversight committees. Because the oversight committees review all PDT work products in public and develop recommendations for review by the full Council, comments about management options, PDT work or other advice, should be provided at oversight committee meetings unless they solicited specifically by the PDT Chair.
Council Meeting Archives2008-2012 Council Meetings
1997-2007 Council Meetings
Guidelines for Public Comment
NEPA Guide Written For The Average Citizen